COVID-19 News and Updates: Miller Nursing Home & Calhoun Nursing Home
Information Below is as of May 29, 2020
Governor Kemp has strongly recommended all nursing homes obtain a baseline COVID-19 test on all residents and staff. With the direction of the Governor and DPH, Miller Nursing Home and Calhoun Nursing Home have completed COVID-19 testing of all staff and residents of each facility. The statistics below represent results of residents and staff who have been tested.
Protective Measures at Miller Nursing Home and Calhoun Nursing Home
- No visitors are allowed in Miller Nursing Home and we have stopped direct admissions into the facility.
- All new residents and residents that return from the hospital are being quarantined and monitored to decrease exposure risk.
- All large close-contact activities have been stopped.
- In addition to the disinfecting measures we routinely follow and our existing infection control protocols for our staff and facility, the Georgia National Guard provided cleaning and disinfecting to our facility and will return if needed.
- We will continue to test and report all testing results including any confirmed cases. It is our hope that the aggressive measures we have undertaken will continue to keep our residents safe from this virus.
Statistics and Testing Results for Miller Nursing Home as of 5/29/2020
Miller Nursing Home screens our employees and our residents every shift and evaluate anything issues identified.
- 154 residents have been tested for COVID-19
- 151 residents had negative results and do not have the virus; 2 residents have pending results and are asymptomatic. There was 1 resident that had a positive COVID-19 test result. This resident has been transferred out of the facility and all measures have been taken to prevent any other resident from becoming infected.
- 184 employees have been tested for COVID-19
- 184 employees had negative results and do not have the virus; 2 employees tested positive. We took aggressive measures to monitor the residents who were cared for by the 2 positive employees and we haven’t had a positive employee result since 4/17/20.
Statistics and Testing Results for Calhoun Nursing Home as of 5/29/2020
Calhoun Nursing Home screens our employees and our residents every shift and evaluate anything that is identified.
- 61 residents have been tested for COVID-19
- All residents had negative results and did not have the virus.
- 78 employees have been tested for COVID-19
- 56 employees had negative results and do not have the virus; 19 asymptomatic employee results are pending; three employees tested positive. The positive employees were quarantined, and have now tested negative. We took aggressive measures to monitor the residents who were cared for by the three positive employees and we are now well outside the 14-day window the CDC recognizes as risk for transfer and infection risk.
Connected Care for Residents at Miller Nursing Home and Calhoun Nursing Home
- We are working to maintain our resident’s spirits during this difficult time and trying to ensure they still have quality activities while maintaining all safety protocols.
- We would love for our families to send messages to their loved ones or video chat with them using Skype or Facetime. If you would like to do this please let someone know during our call each week, we will be happy to help you connect with your loved one!
- Please let us know if there are steps we can take to improve our communication with you, we are here to help.